Friday 13 November 2015

Remembering the Fallen in London Town

On Sunday, Shelby made a surprise visit to London! I was really excited she came, and hadn't expected her at all. I had almost forgotten that I was going to be in London for Rememberance Sunday (Although I had my poppy on), but we decided to head to Le Pain Quotidient. It didn't seem like they were going to be turning of the music and standing for the two minutes silence, so we left our brunch and headed outside where we could see St. Pauls. They were holding a service, and a bunch of people observed the silence at 11am. It just feels so moving, to be there and be part of the silence. It's not often I am in a place to observe it - usually I am watching it on TV. But the whole world feels so quiet. And it's a powerful thing. After the silence, there was a band, and a march, and we ate brunch and went back to shopping, but it was a nice change to the day to remember the fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment