Thursday 31 October 2013

We went to Buckingham Palace!

I finally started Uni, again, studying for my Masters this time, and met my great classmates. Another one of the things which is only open for a short period of time are the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace. They're usually only open in the summer, and I knew we would be really busy next summer - so my new friend Emma and I decided to go and see if we could get in. We didn't have to wait long, we were allocated a time to come back, and so we were able to go and grab some yummy lunch at
Pret (which started my yearly obsession with their soup!) and then we were allowed in. The tour was INCREDIBLE - and I was so glad we went. It is so beutiful - a little like some of the other palaces, but this one is so oppulent. Gold everywhere, and it is just so beautiful, every where you turn! We had a good time, and listened to the audio guide all the way, which was full of really interesting things I hadn't known! We even got to see the coronation videos, as well as some of the
clothes worn by Her Majesty. Afterwards, we headed to the great (but expensive) gift shop, and then into the lovely gardens, which were perfect, as the sun was shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment