Thursday 31 October 2013

As close to Japan as I can get

The best thing about Epcot, is all the different countries. They actually hire people from those countries, so as to make it feel more authentic. Japan is the best one. It was so wonderful, and just felt like Japan so, so much. I spoke Japanese to a lot of the ladies
that worked there, and they had all sorts of stuff in their Mitsukoshi branch store - stuff I would have bought at the drop of a hat. They had Rilakkuma jumpers, and great Kimono store, as well as some great pottery - stuff I probably saw in Japan, but never thought of buying because I had no way of getting it home in one of my many suitcases! I bought a Ramune too - which is one of those great drinks that you don't tend to get in international stores back home! I had wished we could have eaten at the restaurant,
but instead, we spent time looking at the temples, and the springs, and the wonderful replica of the Itsukushima Shrine gate - which brought back so many wonderful memories of the best 2 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment