Thursday 25 April 2013

Shimonoseki Aquarium

I have been to Shimonoseki Aquarium before, but it was when I first came to Japan, in September. It's been a long time since then, and I think last time, I came all by myself! So this time, we had a good time wandering around and looking at all the exhibits. I really liked the beautiful jelly fish and the fugu exhibit, but they also have a really beautiful tank where you can see all the penguins swimming. We sat there for quite some time, just watching them through the huge, two story glass walls. It was very nice and not busy, for once, which was really great. The penguins are really fun to watch. While we were there, they also had penguin outfits you could try on, so naturally, Sarah and I did. We laughed hysterically for a long time and lots of Japanese people took our photos! They thought we were hillarious! But we were giant penguins after all! We had read that we could sign up to see some of the animals up close a little later, so we signed up to do that after.

No comments:

Post a Comment