Thursday 7 February 2013

Yuki Matsuri

Last weekend, we were still having trouble deciding what to do for the long weekend. It was coming up fast and it was looking like we would have nowhere to go. Suddenly, Josh decides to book a flight to Sapporo for the Yuki, or snow festival. I couldn't book until we found somewhere to stay....that was definitely the hard part! But eventually Josh, David and I all had a flight and a room. The boys arrived the night before, and then on Saturday, after a night with Lonna on Friday, I joined them. It was so nice to be back in Sapporo. I love knowing my way around and just, feeling comfortable there. The first thing we did was go and see all the snow sculptures in Odori park. Quite a lot of them were the same as last year, but some of the larger ones were even better than last year! After, we had lunch at my favourite fondue restaurant, and then got to meet up with Mikaly and Anna for a great coffee. I had missed Mikaly so much, and since our trip was so short, I was glad that I got to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment