Wednesday 6 February 2013

A walk in the Park

I was getting a little homesick in Yamaguchi, so I knew a trip to see Josh up in Nara was in order. S off I went. On Saturday, he went to a CPR class and I headed into the city to meet our friend Sophia. It was really fun. We started the day with a very hot and spicy lunch of a Vietnamese place, and then we wandered around Nara Park. She took me to a really nice temple by Todaiji, which was up a hill. It had beautiful lanterns and bells, and when you turned around from the main temple, you could see the whole city of Nara. It was really pretty there. Near to that temple, there was this adorable baby deer. I see the deer a lot, but this one was adorable! It seemed to me that there were an awful lot of super cute baby deer out and about! we walked back through the park, spotting baby deer everywhere. The park was setting up for the festival later that night, so we went through Nara Old Town, looking at the different mascots of Nara, and even discovering a vending machine disguised to look like an old building! Then, we grabbed some yummy foreign chocolate bars and met Josh after his class and his haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment