Tuesday 11 December 2012

Illuminations in Myeong-Dong

We checked into our hotel, and then wrapped up warm and headed out into the city. We got some dinner - I think we had Outback, and then we went over to Myeong- Dong, one of my favourite areas in Seoul. We went to the big shopping area, Lotte Town, which had the most amazing illuminations. Giant trees and giant stars, and lots of the buildings were covered in lights too! Korea is a mainly Christian country, so there were lots of Christmas related things and lights too. I love the giant stars, especially because they were pink and purple, which is beautiful! Josh and I spend a lot of time at illuminations - I personally think they are super romantic! In Japan, illuminations are a winter thing, because they don't celebrate Christmas, so they are up until about March. We walked around, and looked in some shops. Whenever we go to other Asian countries, we seem to ( or I do at least) shop a lot. A lot of it is window shopping, but I really enjoyed showing Josh the night time markets and the different places downtown.






No comments:

Post a Comment