Wednesday 8 August 2012

Dressed up in my Yukata

Last year, I missed the Hagi Festival. It didnt really bother me at the time, because I didnt figure it was a big thing. In fact, it was. And all my kids write about it in their essays all the time. When we were in Kobe, we happened to stop in a store that had beautiful yukatas. I had wanted one for ages, and really wanted one. Mine is, of course, super pink! So Cynthia and Sonja and I went and watched the fireworks. We got there a bit late, but got some kakigori (shaved ice) - mine was super yummy. The fireworks were fun and we saw Sarah and Amariah too!After, we headed over to the stage part of the festival, in a part of town that I had never been to! It was really fun, and on the grounds of a temple. We hung out with Amariah for a while and I ran into some of my kids and got a photo with them, also dressed up. I was unbearably hot, and VERY pink, but it was fun! We were pretty dorky, hanging around, taking funny photos of me in my yukata, and then we walked back to the car which Sonja had parked. Somewhere along the way, I lost the pretty bow on the back of my obi! Thankfully, when we went back to get it, it was still sitting there in the middle of the road, thankfully not run over!

No comments:

Post a Comment