Tuesday 26 June 2012

I made it! Tokyo Sky Tree!

My hotel which I stay at in Tokyo is within viewing distance of the new Sky Tree. It seems to be quite close really. Last time I was there, it wasn't open. Now, it was open (with advanced reservations). The first night, it was lit with white and blue lights, and then the second night it was all lit up in gold and purple light. I decided, it was now or never, and as much as I was tired, and my feet were killing me, I should go see it. After all, it didnt look so far away. After checking Google maps, which assured me that it was only 15 minutes away, I set off. Tokyo is a safe city, at least generally in the suburbs, but it still pretty dark. Thanks to Josh on the phone, I felt brave enough to trek across the city. However, Google maps totally lies, and it took me over an hour and a bit to get there. I didnt want to cross the dark park, so I walked around, along the bridge. I was extremely close, but I still couldnt get up to it!It was so shiny, and bright, but no matter where I went I couldnt get close. I found the mall underneath it, along with some stairs.n Finally, I made it up to the tower, perfect for this perfect photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment