Friday 15 June 2012

Date night at the Umeda Sky Building

Friday didn't start off well, but I knew it would end well. It started with me missing my bus. Not by much, but due me losing my bike key, I had to run all the way home, throw my bag together and run to the bus. I saw it as it left the station. I had plans for Osaka at 8, so I knew the next bus wouldn't get me there even close to 10. Such stupid busses! So I ended up using my brilliant Japanese (lol!) to convince a taxi driver to chase the bus. In reality, it was a good idea, but after 10 minutes for the taxi to arrive, a million Japanese red lights, and single track roads (meaning no overtaking)Turns out, there arent too many stops between Hagi and Shin-Yamaguchi. In the end, the taxi man drove like he was driving a derby car, but he got me to the stop right before the bus did! It was hefty, but so worth it! I got on the bus, and to Osaka in no time. I met Josh there, and I was pretty excited, because we had a date at the top of the Umeda Sky Building. Once, I found him, I found out also that he had brought me a present. Not any present, but frosting and goldfish crackers. It was pretty much the nicest thing anyone has done for me, since I had said I missed them.Lots of swooning ensured. We ran across Osaka, and up to the sky building. It was really fun. A beautiful view, and very romantic, considering how rushed we were. I dont think it is the tallest building in Osaka, but a lot of things glow and the whole atmosphere is fun. Sadly, I had to go catch another shrink. After a pretty perfect kiss on the station, I was quickly on my way to Ishikawa. So quick, and fast, but perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment