Thursday 31 May 2012

Scrambling over the rocks

When I dated Mike, I learnt a good deal about scrambling, and how much I prefer climbing rock faces than I do trodging up a mountain (poor me and Mt. Fuji!) Down near the river there were all sorts of rocks, big ones, small ones, awkward ones, and I spent a good few hours with Josh trying to cross the river, climbing up some Lion King-esque rocks...nicknamed Pride Rock, and generally frolicking. I loved trying to climb up all the big rocks, especially to scare Sinead and Abel, who were having a lovely time on top of a rock. Finally, after chickening out on jumping across the river, I decided to wade across it. So off went my shoes, and I started to walk across....untill I dropped one of my trainers. It floated away quickly downstream...thank goodness someone saved it or I would have been a one-shoed monster all the way back to Yamaguchi!


No comments:

Post a Comment