Wednesday 9 May 2012

The busiest harbour in Bali

I get tired of sitting on the beach forever. And although we played water volleyball and did aerobics in the pool, I needed to get out and see some things. I found out that one of the members of staff ran a bike tour trough the village near the house. The girls decided to come with me, and Dustin stayed for more swimming. Our guide was Ecka, who worked as one of the entertaiment people at the hotel. We hopped on our bikes and set out. It was so so hot, and the roads were dusty and busy, it was quite an adventure just getting there! I was a bit self conscious, because people were all covered up in the village, but eventually we made it to our first stop, the harbour. He explained that it was one of the busiest harbours on the island, servicing all the fisherman that worked there. It was really interesting to see the men preparing to go away for weeks away on a boat!


No comments:

Post a Comment