Thursday 31 May 2012

Kazura rope bridge

While Gavin and I waited for the bus, the day before, we had seen lots of intersting posters for this rope bridge. So we were quite excited to find out that we were actually getting to go there. After our group photo, we all climbed into the bus for another long coach ride to the other part of the Prefecture where the bridge was located. It seems to be quite random, where it was built, but now, the Japanese have turned the entire area around the bridge into a tourist attraction. When you stop in the giant car park, you can see some restautants, and lots of little shops along the way. We headed right down to the bridge, and I let most people go in front before I went, mainly so I could take some photos, but also because I really was a little nervous. My feet were definitely small enough to fall through the cracks! I was relieved however, to see that the vines had been reinforced with some steel wires, like on normal bridges, so I felt much better about not failling down into the rocks below. When I got to the middle, it was very beautiful, but with everyone wobbling around, and feeling quite....unsteady, I quickly made it to the other side, and had someone take my photo, just to prove that I had made it in one piece! After, we wandered around down to the rocks, passing little udon shops and places with fish heads on a stick....you could eat those if you wanted! I passed and just headed for some run scrambling by the river!

No comments:

Post a Comment