Wednesday 9 May 2012

Airport Ops at Incheon

After the Nankan run, and a trip back to Arao, we headed back to Fukuoka, where I got to do some great Forever 21 shopping! In the morning, I headed to the aiport, and met up with the Bali crew. I was going with Sarah, Dustin and Jessica, who all are ALTs all over Yamaguchi Ken. We took a short trip over to
South Korea to Incheon Airport. It was voted as the best airport in the world for 5 years running. I guess I can kind of understand that and I cant. There were some bad point, like there were only duty free, designer shops, but there were some great points, like the free showers and hairdryer rental, the ice rink (which sadly wasn't working at the time) and a really cool cultural parade which goes through the airport once an hour. Pretty cool, eh? But the one thing it was lacking a little was a observing deck. I think it is more a Japanese thing, and now I am pretty spoilt because I always expect one!
So I headed to a big window, and tried to find the runway, but was pretty unsuccessful. So instead, I photographed the planes being loaded with cargo, and all sorts of things I found happening around the airport. I really think that the Korean Airline planes are beautiful, with their blue colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment