Wednesday 25 April 2012

Okunoshima - Bunny Island

Facebook is terrible for getting travel envy. Especially lately, when everyone is off to places like Malaysia for Golden week. A little while ago, Laura and some of the Yamaguchi JETs had gone to Okunoshima, the bunny island, and taken some amazing photos. So I knew it had to be on my list while the weather was good.
I was joined by Julianne and Wayne, and we spent the entire day feeding the bunnies. They are addicted to the bunny food, and not scared of humans in the slightest. They will climb on your lap, and just nibble right out of your hand. They are all over the island too, so wherever you go, you see some.
I found a favourite fluffy bunny, who sadly wasn`t very friendly, but adorable none the less. He would eat from my hand, but not let me stroke him! It made me really want a bunny. If only I had someplace to keep one! I did consider putting one in my exceedingly large handbag...he might have fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment