Wednesday 7 September 2011

A side trip to a shrine

I was told that Shimonoseki didn't have tons to see, but as Brad and I drove through town (unsuccessfully trying to find where we were going) I saw a lot of signs for shrines. They are everywhere in Japan...but I still havent seen enough! This one was just a little one, and very deserted, but it was cute and up on the top of a hill! I was really pleased with my photos for once! I have yet to figure out the correct Japanese etiquette for being at a shrine...I know you can buy things for good luck there and such...and sometimes you can pay to actually go in...but at this one, there was some sort of graveyard or something at the back. It reminded me a bit of a military cemetery, but I am not sure what it was! It was very pretty though!

No comments:

Post a Comment