Monday 18 April 2011

Column of Congress

Shelby had read in Jamie Oliver's magazine that Brussels had a great little place to eat, but it was a bit farther out of town. So we attempted to walk there, and on our way, we came across the Column of Congress, which reminds me slightly of the column in Trafalger Square, but with people at the bottom as well, and as far as I can tell, a torch for an unknown soldier. Also at the bottom were a lot of very pretty flowers which I loved because they were slightly ratty tulips sticking up from a sea of little white and blue flowers. I really should learn what types of flowers they were, but for the mean time, I am quite happy to say that they were just pretty! In the end, the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed, so we just went on a very long, uphill walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment