Sunday 19 September 2010

Nanas

Back when I last visited Nice, we saw this Nana sculpture by Niki de Saint Phalle. When Rachel and I were walking by Metro Centre, I saw one, and we didn't have time to stop and look, so the next day I walked there to explore. They had 3 absolutely astounding Nanas, so bright and pretty. It's really modern, but I love them. What I found out was that they were attached to a museum dedicated to Women in Arts, showcasing different types of art done by women from around the world. There are lots of paintings and sculptures, both modern and old. There was even art made out of tyres! I loved the building, it was an old Masonic building, with huge chandelliers and a double staircase. But my favourites were still the Nanas outside on New York Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment