Thursday 16 September 2010

All alone in the Library of Congress

So on my first day, I set off with Rachel to work. She has a really cool internship that means she works just across from the Library of Congress. So that is where I started my sightseeing. I have been here before, but just forgot how pretty the building is! It's lovely on the outside, but even nicer on the inside. Apparently, not many tourists come by at 9am in the morning, so I had the whole building to explore myself. They have a copy each of the Mainz and Guttenburg bibles, which are really pretty. They also have a massive round reading room, but because of all the researchers who do their work there, I wasn't allowed to take photos. I didn't think that mattered, the rest of it was fabulous! And outside is a fountain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment